Young is a professional business adviser with private and public sector experience in finance, consulting, trade and international business in Australia and Korea. Young specialises in corporate advisory, international business development, cross cultural communication and stakeholder engagement advice between Australian and Korean organisations.
- Currently Managing Director of MGMO Corporate Advisory
- Currently Board Director of Australia Korea Business Council (AKBC) of Western Australia
- Currently a non-executive Director of Protean Energy Ltd, which is developing a Vanadium Redox Flow Battery (VRFB-ESS) business in Korea and Australia and also working on Vanadium mining exploration in Korea.
- Currently a non-executive Director of Peninsula Mines Ltd, which is developing a high-purity graphite business in Korea
- Formerly worked for the Australian Trade Commission as a Trade Commissioner in Seoul, Korea (from 2008-2012). Young’s role focussed on maintaining existing and establishing new business networks in Korea, with primary responsibility for the energy and resources sector
- Formerly represented the WA Government in Korea at a senior level and liaised with the Korean government and its agencies, business groups in Korea, and other trade missions and organisations. Young identified concrete opportunities for the WA Government and other major organisations to enter into commercial contracts in Korea. Young held this role from 2004 to 2008.
Major Clients Served:
- Woodside, Oil Search, Infinite Blue Energy (hydrogen)
- POSCO & POSCO Engineering & Construction
- Korea Gas Corporation, Korea Electric & Power Corporation
- Korean Resource Corporation, Hanwha Mining, Hyundai Construction, Samsung C&T
Young is based in Perth, Western Australia and can be reached at email@example.com
Jeff is a senior mining executive with over 20 years experience in iron ore sales and marketing. Jeff was the General Manager & Country Head of Korea for Rio Tinto from 2010 to 2017. His expertise includes customer relationship, contract negotiation and management, and commercial dispute resolution.
Relevant experience (all with Rio Tinto Iron Ore):
- Seoul, Korea: 2010-2017, GM & Country Head, responsible for compliance & governance, HSEC and risk management. Key products to Korea include iron ore, coking and thermal coal, aluminium, bauxite, and industrial salt
- Singapore: 2009-2010, Pricing Manager for China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan
- Shanghai, China: 2004-2009, Manager for Robe China and Strategic Manager for Rio Tinto Iron Ore – managed eleven LTCs and increased Robe’s sales from 13Mtpa to over 23Mtpa in 2008
- Perth, WA: 2003-2004, Senior Marketing Analyst
- Seoul, Korea: 1998-2003 – Assistant Marketing Manager and assisted POSCO, China Steel Corp, and Pakistan Steel Contracts
Major Clients Served:
- Austal (shipping), Fenix (iron ore), Liontown (lithium)
- POSCO, Hyundai Steel
- Taiwan’s China Steel Corp., Dragon Steel, Formosa Plastics
- China’s Baosteel. Shougang, Shandong Steel
Jeff is based in Seoul, Korea and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaeho has over 20 years of experience in mining tenement management, geophysical exploration and engineering, and geotechnical services. He currently serve as CEO and President of Korea Vanadium. His expertise includes client management, solution finding, and technical advisor. Jaeho also has a strong network with Korean government officials, University Alumni, and government funded research institutes.
- Formerly a Senior Researcher at Research Institute for Energy and Resources (Seoul National University) with expertise in seismic survey for petroleum exploration for harsh conditions
- Formerly Senior Researcher at Seoul Nat’l University, Samsung Construction, and Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute (KORDI).
- Former Executive Director at DIKE, a private company offering geotechnical services to Major Korean construction companies.
Major Clients Served:
- Korean Resource Corporation (KORES)
- Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM)
- Korean Institute of Ocean Science and Technology (KIOST)
- Samsung, Hyundai, Daewoo, SsangYong, and POSCO Construction Companies
Jaeho is based in Seoul, Korea and can be reached at email@example.com